Yesterday, 50 people answered 4000 of 196,000 calls received in one state workforce agency to help citizens about unemployment insurance claims. Each of the 50 customer service representatives was working their hardest and served 80 callers each. Fifty people working their hardest resulted in only 0.2% of callers served.
This isn’t a drill. This is real life. This is the crisis we find ourselves in due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
State Workforce Agencies and other government agencies around the nation are experiencing tremendous call volumes regarding benefits, money, and help. No matter what crisis plans your organization had in place prior to the middle of March 2020—you weren’t prepared for this.
At Sagitec, we specialize in technology that helps benefit providers scale to the needs of those they serve. And, we are proud to be in the position that we are right now with our IT delivery because we are solving real-world problems for our customers, quickly.
The data above isn’t fabricated for sales purposes. The number of calls stated comes directly from one of Sagitec’s customers. Here’s what we are doing to help that customer:
- In a span of 4-5 days, we are standing up a basic chatbot application that can answer 30 of the most commonly asked questions in order to reduce call volume and website traffic. This quick solution will go live on 6 April 2020.
- In the few weeks following, we will integrate the chatbot with the line of business solution so that chatters can interact with their real live data and the chatbot can scale to answer thousands of more questions.
- Within the month, this customer will have a full chat solution that includes live-chat between customer service representatives and the claimants and employers the organization serves.
- We are reducing the amount of human interaction required, disbursing communication across multiple channels, and ensuring people get the information and services they need during this time of crisis.
- We are also enabling organizations without the infrastructure to work from home (shelter in place) to continue to communicate and serve people everywhere.
It feels pretty good to be a Sagitecian today. We would like to continue to do our part to help America and other countries impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic stay operational and serve real people throughout this crisis.
If you would like to know more about how our solutions can help you, please reach out to us at email@example.com or read our other resources on this topic by clicking below.