The Program Manager would work to ensure that project teams adopt quality and compliance standards, policies and procedures, and supports project assurance activities. The Program Manager will be involved in assisting all factors that govern project success to ensure high-quality delivery within time, cost, and quality parameters. Project duties will involve Influencing stakeholders and team members to follow standard project management practices and achieve project goals. This person must have IT consulting background and have experience on large scale projects, be able to be hands on in understanding project requirements, implementation methodologies, and processes. Analytical, detailed-oriented, and a strong but diplomatic personality will be best suited for this role.
- Ability to problem solve and provide practical solutions to issues.
- Ability to create project related artifacts and reports.
- Should be well versed in project management practices and procedures.
- Develops and presents business case, manage the project plan, lead team meetings, and assure healthy team dynamics.
- Leads inter-department client meetings communicating the status of the project and project related key decisions.
- Coordinates activities of project teams involved across the software development life cycle.
- Proactively manages the project delivery and approvals with little supervision, resolving action items, issues, and risks.
- Identifies subtle issues that could result in major conflicts.
- Monitors progress against plan and proactively communicates variances.
- Responsible for developing status reports and leading status meetings.
- Schedules and leads project checkpoints and deliverable review meetings, and ensures that appropriate team members are involved.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining risk planning and mitigation, communication planning, resource planning, change management planning, and all other plans incorporated into the project plan.
- Manages the Change Control Process.
- Works with the functional team to ensure that the design of the solution is solid.
- Initiates building and maintaining strong relationships with project team members across functions and more senior client stakeholders.
- Uses conflict-resolution skills to facilitate strong team dynamics.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and initiates changes based upon project experience.
- Develops knowledge of our services and the client’s business.
- Communicates project information to the project team and user community.
- Organizes and verifies documentation of the project throughout the life cycle.
- Maintains excellent relationships with all levels of the matrix organization.
- Ensures client satisfaction with the project process and project team by effective and timely communication including status reporting, continual risk/issue assessment/management and escalation, and resolution of issues as they arise.
- Displays professionalism, quality service and a "can do" attitude to internal members/departments of the company as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone, and in-person.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressively challenging project management experience (large-scale, multi-disciplinary Project Management) required.
- Ability to use MS Project to manage project scheduling and tracking.
- Experience in all aspects of IT project management from functional analysis through application development, training, and testing.
- Solid understanding of and experience with various methodologies used to deliver projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects in a fast-paced environment Strong planning, organizing, and coordinating skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work on various teams and contribute to the success of the teams.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Experience in production and operational readiness.
- Experience managing multidisciplinary tasks.
- Proficient with MS Office, MS Visio, and MS Project.
- Experience in pension/retirement systems will be a PLUS.
- Experience in California public sector consulting preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Completion of a Certified Project Management Program a plus
Preferably a US Citizen or have permanent work status in the US. Qualified applicants, please CLICK HERE to apply.
About Sagitec Solutions
Sagitec Solutions is a growing global software and IT company that designs and delivers tailor-made pension, provident fund, unemployment insurance, and health and life sciences software solutions to clients of all sizes. Understanding that a dynamic world requires dynamic technology, Sagitec offers solutions that are highly configurable and extensible by nature. With deep industry experience in software implementation and systems integration, project management, consulting, hosting, and software support, Sagitec is a partner clients can trust to deliver mission-critical IT projects. Sagitec has multiple office locations and is headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota.