A functionally-oriented Business Analyst at Sagitec Solutions is responsible for leading a team of functional, technical, and client participants throughout the system development life cycle (SDLC) of a complex pension administration solution. In this role, you will be responsible for the design, testing, and implementation of the system, coordinating with the onsite and offsite teams to create a solution that satisfies our clients' unique business needs.
- Participate in a blended team of 2-4 Sagitec functional business analysts throughout the design, development, testing, and implementation of a module of the solution such as contribution reporting, purchase of service, benefit claims, benefit calculations, and benefit payments.
- Monitor team progress and provide status reports to the Sagitec project manager, functional manager, and technical manager.
- Perform functional analysis of the client's current business process and supporting documentation.
- Lead meetings with client subject matter experts (SMEs) to elicit, clarify, and confirm business requirements.
- Identify process improvements and facilitate reengineering of business process.
- Design user interface prototype screens and navigational flows.
- Prepare design specification artifacts defining business rules, outbound communication, reports, and input/output files.
- Facilitate Joint Application Design (JAD) or other design meetings with clients.
- Prepare test cases for system testing and user acceptance testing.
- Support the sign-off process for design specification deliverables.
- Verify coverage of test cases to ensure system quality.
- Write SQL queries in Microsoft SQL Server to procure test data.
- Conduct unit testing, integration testing, and system testing on the developed solution.
- Support end users during User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and, if required, throughout the duration of maintenance and support agreements.
- Prepare training materials and conduct training activities for system end users.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience working in a Business Analyst role for the design, development, and implementation of large-scale solutions. Preference is given for experience with pension administration or benefit claim systems.
- Experience evaluating business requirements and working with subject matter experts (SME) and technical analysts (TA) to translate into a functional design.
- Experience with SDLC methodologies specific to requirements elicitation and analysis, business processes analysis and modeling, user interface design, preparing business design specifications, and logical data modeling.
- Experience with CASE tools including rules engine (logical rules and decision tables), business intelligence, and screen prototyping.
- Experience with JAD or other design meeting facilitation.
- Experience with scope management, impact and traceability analysis, and change control administration.
- Experience with coordinating the responsibilities of onsite and offsite project teams.
- Experience with defined benefit and/or defined contribution program administration, including concepts such as contribution reporting, service credit purchase, benefit claims, benefit calculations, and benefit payments is preferred.
- Demonstrated success as an individual contributor and team leader.
- Ability to develop task plans, manage time effectively across multiple simultaneous project activities, and meet target deadlines.
- Ability to support onsite and offsite project teams through all phases of the SDLC to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to communicate technical solutions to non-technical staff.
- Ability to speak comfortably in front of audiences of 10 people or more.
- Experience working and communicating with all levels in an organization.
- Bachelor's Degree in MIS, computer science, or financial fields.
Preferably a US Citizen or have permanent work status in the US. Qualified applicants, please CLICK HERE to apply.
About Sagitec Solutions
Sagitec Solutions is a growing global software and IT company that designs and delivers tailor-made pension, provident fund, unemployment insurance, and health and life sciences software solutions to clients of all sizes. Understanding that a dynamic world requires dynamic technology, Sagitec offers solutions that are highly configurable and extensible by nature. With deep industry experience in software implementation and systems integration, project management, consulting, hosting, and software support, Sagitec is a partner clients can trust to deliver mission-critical IT projects. Sagitec has multiple office locations and is headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota.