The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the execution of technology-focused projects of significant complexity from conception through delivery, including successful project definition, planning, budgeting, time estimating and scheduling, project staff planning and resource leveling, organizing, leading high performance project teams, and delivery of projects. The Project Manager will be involved in managing all factors that govern project success to ensure high-quality delivery within time, cost, and quality parameters. Project duties will involve Influencing stakeholders and resource managers to follow standard project management practices and achieve project goals.
This person MUST have large program/project management experience, be able to be hands on in understanding project requirements, implementation methodologies and processes. Coaching of junior PMs will also be part of the role. Analytical, detailed oriented and a strong but diplomatic personality will be best suited for this role.
- Provide guidelines on best practices in using scrum in the enterprise environment.
- Create artifacts that facilitate scrum in enterprise agile projects.
- Use Microsoft TFS for creating the product backlog and managing sprints.
- Provide guidelines on testing processes and tools in our agile projects.
- Work with global, multi-functional teams to define, estimate, and document the overall scope of projects with significant complexity; may provide direction to other Project Managers.
- Develop and present business case, develop project plan and identify resource needs, procure necessary resources, define roles on project teams, lead team meetings, and assure healthy team dynamics.
- Develop robust project risk management plan to ensure timely delivery, testing and commissioning of all projects with no impact to business continuity.
- Responsible for analyzing present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation.
- Serve as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives within a highly matrixed environment.
- With limited guidance, develop a sound implementation plan meeting the project strategy, within the budget and timing constraints.
- Coordinate activities of project teams involved in application releases.
- Proactively manage the project delivery and approvals with little supervision, resolving action items, risks, and issues; proactively identifies subtle issues that could result in major conflicts.
- Monitor progress against plan and proactively communicates variances.
- Schedule and lead project checkpoints and deliverable review meetings, and ensures that appropriate team members are involved.
- Proactively provide information to Business Relationship Manager to successfully manage client expectations.
- Initiate building and maintaining strong relationships with project team members across functions and more senior client stakeholders; uses conflict-resolution skills to facilitate strong team dynamics.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and initiate changes based upon project experience.
- Communicate project information to the project team and user community.
- Organize and verify documentation of the project throughout the life cycle.
- Ensure client satisfaction with the project process and project team by effective and timely communication including status reporting.
- Contribute to the Firm's overall initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally.
- Assume additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of progressively challenging project management experience (large-scale, global team, multi-disciplinary Project Management) required.
- Ability to use MS Project Professional to manage project scheduling and tracking.
- Experience in all aspects of IT project management from hardware infrastructure through application development and deployment.
- Solid understanding of and experience with various methodologies used to deliver projects.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects in a fast-paced environment where resources are often shared across projects.
- Strong planning, organizing, and coordinating skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work on various teams and contribute to the success of the teams.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Experience managing multidisciplinary tasks.
- Experience with PowerPoint, MS Project and scrum management tools.
- Experience in Pension/Retirement systems will be a PLUS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or related field
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or completion of a Certified Project Management Program
- SAFe SA or Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is desired
- Six Sigma Certification desired
Preferably a US Citizen or have permanent work status in the US. Qualified applicants, please CLICK HERE to apply.
About Sagitec Solutions
Sagitec Solutions is a growing global software and IT company that designs and delivers tailor-made pension, provident fund, unemployment insurance, and health and life sciences software solutions to clients of all sizes. Understanding that a dynamic world requires dynamic technology, Sagitec offers solutions that are highly configurable and extensible by nature. With deep industry experience in software implementation and systems integration, project management, consulting, hosting, and software support, Sagitec is a partner clients can trust to deliver mission-critical IT projects. Sagitec has multiple office locations and is headquartered in Saint Paul, Minnesota.